Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Doctor (Authority)

This is something that came in a care package a long time ago from my buddy Johnny. The guy has been customizing just as long as I have, and is every bit as good, if not a better customizer than I am. However when he got sick of his old Authority customs, he did what almost every one of us has done with an old custom, and sent them off for me to enjoy. As sweet as they were, over time they unfortunately became outdated, and I ended up redoing them (or at least tried to). One of the most surprising success stories (Johnny, you can put in your thought) was redoing the Doctor.
Photobucket
Johnny put in as much detail as he could with the base he used (ML5 Mr Fantastic) but I knew I had some parts kicking around to spruce it up a bit. I threw on some ML6 Wolverine legs and dremelled out some Onimusha forearms for some extra boot and glove detail, and also redid the vinyl coat with a ML6 Punisher jacket that was cut to fit. I really didnt do much to it, and although it looks different from his final product, Johnny still deserves all the credit for this one. Check out some of his stuff at his Fwoosh Gallery (although I wish he had his own custom gallery so that I wouldn't have to link to the fwoosh). My favorites are his Soldier X, Fairchild, Elektra, and of course his originals The Underground.

No comments: