Friday, September 5, 2008

Some oldies, but goodies

I havent lost inspiration for the GI Joes I mentioned last time, but I am at a loss for parts, so in the meantime, I thought I could get this blog up to date with a metric assload of some of my old customs. First up is Swamp Thing and John Constantine (Hellblazer).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Constantine was simply a Professor X, with some resculpting and a Gambit coat and feet (you didnt think I would keep the Prof's excessively pointy shoes did you?).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Swamp Thing was also very simple, a straight resculpt of a movie Hulk figure. My favorite part about this figure is that the leg articulation style is that of the Mattel DC figures, so he fits in really well with all figures. This was a figure I came back to about 3 times thinking I was finished each time. Just check out the bizarre neon paint job he had for a while:
Photobucket
Gross, it really helps to revist a custom once you think you've "finished", because you see a whole new perspective, ESPECIALLY the paint.

No comments: