Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spartan (CustomCon 15)

For a while, a fellow customizer, most people know as Norm, and myself were scheming up a Wildcats CustomCon entry. Now Norm (if you know him) always has his stuff clean and ready to go with great photos well ahead of schedule. Now myself, being the ultimate procrastinator, had the figures ready to go, but took some crummy photos the night before and overall made our entry look sloppy. Looking back I have to apologize for the unprofessionality, but I think he knew my heart and soul went into this Spartan figure. Of course now that I have some better pictures its far too late, however you guys can have a peek.
Photobucket
I really love the way this turned out, it was a major pain in the ass along the way, with legs melting off and paint rub issues, it was almost inconceivable (Princess Bride reference just for you Norm) that the custom would come together. But luckily it ended up as what you see right here.
Photobucket
A work-in-progress shot for anyone interested. You can see the subtle sculpting that went into the figure, I tried to use the base as much as I could. It was entirely a Street Fighter Guile figure.
Photobucket
Everyone should check out Norm's Gallery on the Fwoosh for some buttery smooth customs, and in particular, his Wildstorm Entry from the following CustomCon.

No comments: